Olden days kings construct Fort and palaces, so as to protect the subjects from enemy country and a residential area for the royal family. Similar type of Fort is existed in Thirumayam at a distance of 18km from pudukkotai. It was built by sethupathy Vijaya Ragunatha Thevar of Ramanathapuram in 1687 A.D. The actual fort is two times greater than the fort as we have seen today. The main entrance of the fort is situated one km away from the present structure. A rock cut siva temple and a vishu temples with different statues, Darbar Hall, some inscriptions and pillared corridor were situated at the foot of the hillock adjacent of the Fort. It is under the control of the Archaeological survey of India .Many Tourist visited this spot for its Historical importance of this place. CONTACT PHONE 04322- 221084
Morning 6.00 am to 12.00 pm
Evening 4.00 pd to 6.00 pm
How to Reach:
Thiruchirapalli air port is 61 km away.
Thirumayam railway station is 2 km away.