Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, but learners may also educate themselves.Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy.
Education is commonly divided formally into such stages as preschool or kindergarten, primary school, secondary school, Higher secondary school and then college, university, or apprenticeship.
A right to education has been recognized by some governments and the United Nations. In most regions, education is compulsory up to a certain age.
- To provide universal access, equity, quality at primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary level.
- To evolve curriculum and evaluation procedures in conformity with the values enshrined in the Constitution.
- To build the child knowledge, potential talent and develop the child physical and mental abilities to the fullest extent.
- To provide a conducive learning environment through learning activities, discovery and exploration in a child friendly and child centered manner.
- To make examinations more flexible and integrated in classroom life by implementing continuous and comprehensive evaluation in phases, to remove the anxiety and stress caused by terminal examinations.
RTE Act 2009
The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act or Right to Education Act (RTE) is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted on 4 August 2009, which describes the modalities of the importance of free and compulsory education for children between the age of 6 to 14 years in India under Article 21A of the Indian Constitution. India became one of 135 countries to make education a fundamental right of every child when the act came into force on 1 April 2010. The title of the RTE Act incorporates the words ‘free and compulsory’. ‘Free education’ means that no child, other than a child who has been admitted by his or her parents to a school which is not supported by the appropriate Government, shall be liable to pay any kind of fee or charges or expenses which may prevent him or her from pursuing and completing elementary education. ‘Compulsory education’ casts an obligation on the appropriate Government and local authorities to provide and ensure admission, attendance and completion of elementary education by all children in the 6-14 age group. With this, India has moved forward to a rights based framework that casts a legal obligation on the Central and State Governments to implement this fundamental child right as enshrined in the Article 21A of the Constitution, in accordance with the provisions of the RTE Act.
|School Type||Nursery||Primary||Upper Primary||Secondary
(Class 1 to 10)
(Class 6 to 10)
(Class 1 to 12)
(Class 6 to 10)
|Department of Education||3||1||105||1||101||211|
|Tribal Welfare Dept||11||2||2||1||16|
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA)
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme in partnership with State Governments for universalizing elementary education across the country.
It aims to provide useful and relevant elementary education to all children in the age-group 6 to 14 by ensuring universal access and retention, bridging of gender and social category gaps in education and enhancement of learning levels of children by provision of quality education.
- Ensuring cent percent enrolment.
- Ensuring cent percent retention of children enrolled in schools without getting dropped out.
- Providing quality elementary education in all schools.
- Providing an inclusive environment in schools conducive to differently abled children, children from marginalized sections, and children hailing from difficult circumstances.
- Providing infrastructure facilities to promote quality in education in all schools.
(For additional information click here http://www.ssa.tn.nic.in)
Rashtriyamadhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan(RMSA)
The RashtriyaMadhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) scheme initiated in 2009, demonstrated the ambition of the Government for a secondary education system that can support the growth and development of the Nation. It aims to increase the enrolment rate to 90% at secondary and 75% at higher secondary stage by providing a secondary school within reasonable distance of every home and also to improve the quality of secondary education by making all secondary schools conform to prescribed norms, removing gender, socio-economic and disability barriers and providing universal access to secondary level education by 2017.
Goals & Objectives
- Making good quality education to all young persons in the age group of 14-18 years.
- To enhance enrolment in classes IX and X by providing a secondary school within a reasonable distance of every habitation, i.e. 5 kilometres for secondary schools and 7 -10 kilometers for higher Secondary schools
- To improve quality of Education imparted at the Secondary Level by ensuring all secondary schools conform to prescribed/standard norms
- To remove socio, economic and gender barriers from the precincts of Secondary Education
- To achieve Universal retention by 2020
- To provide necessary physical facilities, teaching and non-teaching staff for every secondary school
- To ensure that all students pursuing secondary education of good quality.
|Designation||Phone Number||Mobile Number||eMail ID|
|CHIEF EDUCATIOAL OFFICER, PUDUKKOTTAI||04322-222180||9385229001
|DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICER, PUDUKKOTTAI||04322-222510||9385229006||deopdk[at]nic[dot]in|
|DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICER, ARANTHANGI||04371 – 223723||9385229007||deoati[at]nic[dot]in|
|DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICER, ILLUPPUR||9385229008||deoillupur[at]gmail[dot]com|
|DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICER,RASHTRIYA MADHYAMIK SHIKSHA ABHIYAN, PUDUKKOTTAI||9385229003||rmsapud[at]gmail[dot]com|
|DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICER,SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN, PUDUKKOTTAI||9788858835||dpopdk[at]gmail[dot]com|
|DISTRICT INSTPECTOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION, PUDUKKOTTAI||9385229033||dipepudukkottai[at]gmail[dot]com|