Ex-servicemen’s Welfare Office
Office of the Assistant Director of Ex-servicemen’s Welfare is responsible for the Welfare and uplift of the Ex-servicemen and their families in Pudukkottai District. This office is functioning under the Directorate of Ex-servicemen’s Welfare, Chennai-3 which comes under the Administrative control of Public (Ex-servicemen) Department, Secretariat Chennai-9. The Deputy Secretary to Government Public (Ex-servicemen) Department is the Director of this Department. Various schemes and Assistance to the Ex-servicemen and their families are being implemented through this office as follows.
|Sl. No||Nature of Assistance||Amount(Rs.)|
|1||Lifetime Grant to World War Veterans||Rs. 10,000/-p.m|
|2||Lifetime Grant to Widows of World War Veterans||Rs. 4,000/-p.m|
|3||To Orphan Children of Ex-Servicemen||Actual Educational Expenses|
|4||To dependents of Ex-Servicemen/Serving Solider who complete the course in the Tailoring Units run by the Department||Free Sewing Machines|
|5||To Trainees in the Tailoring Units run by the Department||Stipend of Rs. 50/-Per day Rs. 1000/- for Raw Materials|
|6||Ex-Servicemen who are suffering from T.B / Leprosy / Cancer and undergoing in-patient treatment in the T.B Sanatorium / Leprosarium / Cancer institute approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu as well as in the Government General Hospitals / Rehabilitation Homes.||Pocket Money of Rs .50/- per day|
|7||To T.B. / Leprosy patients of the Sanatorium to visit their homes periodically, i.e., once in a year.||Transport charges|
|8||Grant towards the purchase of artificial dentures spectacles and hearing aid apparatus, artificial limbs, surgical boots / Jackets / crutches or other appliances as recommended by the specialists||Upto a maximum of Rs. 4000/-|
|9||To those undergoing training at Queen Mary’s Technical institute for disabled soldiers at Kirkee, Pune||Stipend of Rs. 900/- p.m|
|10||Lifetime Grant to Totally Blind, provided they are not in receipt of any assistance from other sources||Rs. 7,000/- p.m|
|11||Lifetime Grant to those affected by Leprosy||Rs. 5,000/- p.m|
|12||Lifetime Grant to Cancer patients||Rs. 7,000/- p.m|
|13||Lifetime Grant to Paraplegic||Rs. 7,000/- p.m|
|14||Lifetime Grant to Tuberculosis patients||Rs. 5,000/- p.m|
|15||Lifetime Grant to differently abled to Ex-servicemen and their Dependents||Rs. 5,000/- p.m|
|16||Grant for major surgeries, such as kidney Transplantation or Open Heart Surgery to Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen||Rs. 50,000/-|
|17||Lifetime Grant to Mentally Retarded Children||Rs. 7,000/- p.m|
|18||Lifetime Grant to Mentally Challenged wife / widow||Rs. 7,000/- p.m|
|19||Lifetime Grant to the Children of Ex-Servicemen who are affected by Cancer, Paraplegic and Totally Blind||Rs. 7,000/- p.m|
|20.||Lifetime Grant to the children of Ex-servicemen who are affected by Tuberculosis and leprosy||Rs. 5,000/- p.m|
|21.||Marriage Grant to two daughters of ESM||Rs. 25,000/- (One Time Grant)|
|22.||Life time monthly Grant to old and infirm Non pensioner ESM/Widows above 60yrs||Rs. 4,000/- p.m|
|23.||Grant for alleviation of distress due to fire, flood civil riots, accidental death and other natural calamities||Upto a maximum of Rs. 15,000/-|
|24.||To the war widows / war disabled and to the recipients of Chakra series and to the widows who are in receipt of Defence family pension.||Reimbursement of House Tax|
|25.||Gift articles to Leprosy patients on the eve of Deepavali festival||Worth Rs. 2,500/-|
|26.||Grant for meeting Funeral expenses of Ex-servicemen||Rs. 10,000/- (One Time Grant)|
|27.||Grant for meeting Funeral expenses of widows of Ex-Servicemen||Rs. 7,000/-(One Time Grant)|
|28.||Lifetime grant to Dwarf children of Ex-servicemen||Rs. 5,000/-|
|29.||Housing Loan grant for Purchase / Construction of New House for Ex-servicemen and Widows (This must be the first house of the applicant.)||Rs. 1,00,000/-(One Time Grant)|
|30.||Technical grant to Ex-Servicemen, Widows and their wards who undergo Training and pass the Exam conducted by DOTE||Typewriting Lower Rs. 3,000
Typewriting Higher Rs. 5,000
Shorthand Lower Rs. 7,000
Shorthand Higher Rs. 10,000
|31.||Reimbursement of Expenditure on Recruitment Rallies to District Administration||Rs. 6,00,000/- per rally Maximum 5 Rallies|
SCHEMES OPERATED UNDER AMALGAMATED FUND
WELFARE MEASURES TO BATTLE CASUALTIES
- Marriage Grant of Rs.1,00,000/- and 8 gms Gold Coin for making Thirumangalyam to the daughters of Defence Personnel killed or disabled in action with disabilities 50% and above. Similarly, Rs.50,000/- and 8 gms Gold Coin for making Thirumangalyam whose disability is less than 50%.
- Annual Maintenance Grant of Rs.25,000/- to the next of kin of Defence Personnel killed and to the Personnel disabled in war / war – like operations for life time.
- Housing Grant of Rs.50,000/- to widows of Defence Personnel killed and to the personnel disabled in action in all conflicts after Independence.(One Time).
- Ex-Gratia of Rs.1,00,000/- to the War Widows / Next of kin of Battle Casualties and Rs.50,000/- to the Defence Personnel disabled in action.
INITIATIVES TO SUPPORT SELF EMPLOYMENT
- Reimbursement of 75% of interest on Bank Loans, upto a maximum of Rs.10.00lakhs, for self employment ventures.
- Reimbursement of 100% of interest on Bank Loans, upto a maximum of Rs.15.00 lakhs availed by Self Help Groups of Ex-servicemen and their widows, for self employment activities.
- Subsidy of 25%, subject to a maximum of Rs.50,000/- on the cost of Industrial Shed / Plot for venture in Industrial activities.
INITIATIVES TO SUPPORT EDUCATION AMONG WARDS OF EX-SERVICEMEN
- Ex-Servicemen Children Literacy Improvement grant(ECLIG) to the wards of Ex-servicemen ranging from Rs.500/- to Rs.10,000/-per student per annum from 1ststd to Post Graduate level(Academic Courses).
- ECLIG of 25,000/- p.a to all Technical / Professional / Vocational Degree and Post Graduate Courses to Wards of Ex-servicemen.
- ECLIG of 20,000/- p.a to all Diploma Courses in Polytechnic towards of Ex-servicemen.
- ECLIG of 10,000/- p.a to all ITI / Certificate Courses approved by Government to Wards of Ex-servicemen.
- Lumpsum Grant of Rs.25,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- paid to children of Ex-servicemen joining Armed Forces.
KENDRIYA SAINIK BOARD ACTIVITIES ( Website: www.ksb.gov.in)
- Financial Assistance of Rs.4,000/- p.m to Old infirm Ex-Servicemen, above 65 yrs of age.
- Children education grant
- 1000/-p.m.for boys / girlsupto graduation and Widows upto post graduate level.
- Officers Cadets grant of Rs.1000/-p.m to the children of Ex-servicemen those who join NDA for the duration of the training.
- 1,000/- p.m for disabled children of Ex-servicemen.
- Financial Assistance of Rs.20,000/- towards House Repairs to Ex-Servicemen / Widows in Penury, 100% disabled Ex-Servicemen and orphan daughter of Ex-Servicemen of all ranks.
- Marriage Grant of Rs.50,000/-to two daughters of Ex-Servicemen / widows.
- Re-Marriage Grant Rs.50,000/- to the widows of Ex-Servicemen.
- Financial assistance upto Rs.30,000/- to the Ex-Servicemen towards Medical reimbursement to non-ECHS members.
- Funeral Grant of Rs.5,000/- to the widows towards funeral expenses of Ex-Servicemen.
- Assistance of Rs.1,000/- p.m to orphan daughter(upto marriage) and one son of (upto 21 yrs) Ex-Servicemen.
- Vocational Training grant of Rs.20,000/-(one time) to Widows of Ex-Servicemen.
- Prime Minister’s Merit Scholarship Scheme for wards of Ex-Servicemen (below officer Rank) who join professional degree courses.
- 2,500/-p.m for boys,
- 3,000/- p.m for girls.
RAJYA SAINIK BOARD (RSB) AND ZILA SAINIK BOARD (ZSB) ACTIVITIES
- Activities of RSB and ZSB are covered under Tamil Nadu Ex-Services Personnel Benevolent Fund and Amalgamated Fund.
BANK LOAN INTEREST SUBSIDY SCHEME
|Scheme||*Reimbursement of 75% of interest on loans availed for self-employment and education|
|Eligibility||Ex-Servicemen / Widows (Age no bar)|
|Max.Loan Amount||No Ceiling|
|Interest Subsidy||upto Rs.10.00 lakhs of Bank Loan amount|
|Concession from||Amalgamated Fund|
* To apply before availing Bank Loan.
*Quarterly reimbursement on production of repayment Certificate from Bank.
Assistant Director of Ex-Servicemen’s Welfare, Kalyanaramapuram 1st street
Pudukkottai -622 002 Phone: 04322-236593