Skip to Content Text Size A+ A A- Contrast Scheme: A A
pdktop
     Home arrow About District arrow Tourist Places arrow Avur
 

AVUR

 
 
Avur Church

The old chapel here was constructed in 1547 A.D. by Father John Venantius Bouchet and the new Roman Catholic Church was constructed in 1747 A.D. The Tamil Scholar Rev. Father Joseph Beschi (Veerama Munivar) also served in this church. The Easter Passion play followed by car Festivals, takes place in summer, which attracts people of all faiths.

 
 

Page Last Updated On :13/01/2017
Disclaimer
The Site Designed and developed by National Informatics Centre, Pudukkottai.
The Contents owned and maintained by District Administration, Pudukkottai District.
For Details Contact The District Collector, email : collrpdk[at]nic[dot]in
Best Viewed with 1024x768 resolution
 
 

top